Tuesday 8 January 2013

intro.


December 2012. I’m having a drink with a recently single friend. “HOW do you do it?!” she asks time and time again, “How are you SO happy with being single”. I should probably point out now, I’m not just happy with being single-I absolutely love it. So when all I can reply with is an “I don’t know, I just do” her swift reply is something about how I need to share what I have learnt with the world.

So here I am. And what made me think that I know everything there is to know? Not a lot to be honest with you. This time last year I was probably in a worse state than your average newly single girl, and at the grand old age of 20, that isn’t a fantastic place to be . After a serious life re-evaluation, I’ve come out of things at the other end. And if there is one thing I want to do, it’s share that re-evaluation with as many people as possible.

This isn’t a list of the amazing things about be single; or what I love about being single. It’s a compilation of thoughts/ideas/anecdotes that I collected together over the space of a year, that let me completely transform my mindset. It’s a guide, after a fashion. Not a concrete path to follow; no rules or regulations. Just some possible solutions to one very big problem. 

So the next time somebody asks “HOW do you do it” at least I/you/we will have a concrete answer to give. 

Happy singledom x

No comments:

Post a Comment